Student Services

Email Communications

Western has established email as an official means of communication with students. All students are provided with an official Western email account ( The University will send official communications only to official Western email addresses. Students are expected to check their official Western email on a regular basis to ensure that they are staying current with all official communications. A student's failure to receive and read University communications in a timely manner does not absolve that student from knowing and complying with the content of such communications.

Students may elect to redirect (auto-forward) email sent to their University email address. Students who redirect email from their official University email address to another address do so at their own risk. If email is lost as a result of forwarding, it does not absolve the student from the responsibilities associated with communications sent to their official University email address.

Immunization Records

Students attending Western’s residential graduate year-long programs on campus must submit proof of immunization to the Office of Graduate Studies by October 15th of their first semester. If Western does not receive this information, the university will place a hold on the student’s registration account.

Students with Disabilities

Western Colorado University seeks to provide reasonable accommodations for all qualified persons with disabilities. The University adheres to all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines with respect to providing reasonable accommodations as required to afford equal educational opportunity. In order to receive services, students must submit appropriate documentation of disability to the Academic Resource Center to verify eligibility under Section 504/508 of the Rehabilitations Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act. It is the student's responsibility to register with Western Colorado University Disability Services to arrange for suitable accommodations.

Military and Emergency Personnel Deployment

In times of emergency, certain students (including reserve military units, individuals with specialized skills, or firefighters) are called to provide services to the state or country. If students have to interrupt their coursework due to a call for service or emergency deployment, the student must immediately inform the graduate program director and the Office of Graduate Studies to coordinate current activation or withdrawal procedures.